Have Your Say
At Barr Beacon, we have been working hard to make sure the pupils’ voice gets heard. To this end, our School Council have been tasked with finding out what the school wanted.
School Council acts as an in-between for students to address concerns to a member of the teaching staff. These are the very conscious students who are aware of issues and want to push to make the school a better place.
The School Council meets monthly with Mr Foster to discuss all manner of whole school issues. They are consulted about key policies and contribute to the delivery and planning of tutor time activities and whole school assemblies that support our Beacon Values.
· Consulted on changes to building facilities including new toilet facilities.
· Led changes to PE kit for whole School
· Consulted on changes to uniform policies for Trousers and Skirts
· Consulted over changes to our PSHE curriculum and how they like it to be taught.
· Led Beacon Values assemblies
· Led LGBTQ+ awareness assemblies
· Led Black History Month Assemblies.
· Gave presentations to new Year 7 pupils
· Took part in Year 6 induction programme.
· Advised icentre manager on book titles that they would like to see in our icentre. These were purchased.
· Consulted on site maintenance issues
· Consulted on our careers offer at Barr Beacon School
· Consulted over Bistro menus and how the lunchtime operates.
· Purchased books for the icentre
· Consulted over praise system and rewards,