Reading with your child.
When we are young, we all love to be read to. As we grow older, some of us fall out of the habit of reading regularly. If you are away from work or school, this could provide you with that time to fall back in love with reading.
Reading time is time for just you!
- Reading takes you on adventures, beyond the four walls of your home!
- Reading helps to build the imagination.
- Reading develops emotional intelligence and helps us to see other people’s points of view and ideas.
- Reading improves vocabulary….
- ….And the limits of our vocabulary are the limits of our world!
- Reading helps us to rest and relax.
- Reading takes our mind away from the outside world, which can sometimes be worrying and anxiety-provoking.
- Reading trains the brain to be able to concentrate and focus, a skill that can be lost in an increasingly digital world.
How to read together!
- Nothing beats sitting with your loved ones and sharing the reading experience.
- We all love being read to!
- Read in silly voices
- Read the parts of the characters