Uniform from 1st September 2022
- Black blazer (with school badge).
- Black school trousers or black school skirt - optional school emblem (no shorter than 5cm above the knee).
- White polyester/cotton shirt (worn with school tie) with a top button. To be worn tucked into waistband of skirt or trousers.
- House tie to be worn with 6 stripes visible.
- Black socks or black tights (no patterns, frills or over knee socks).
- Smart black polishable leather school shoes which are sensible and lightweight. Training shoes, canvas shoes and fashion boots are not acceptable.
- Black ‘v’ neck sweater (optional). No cardigans.
- Plain colour outer coat (not leather or denim).
- Black, plain headscarves, wraps, bands, or hair clips/ornaments (must be tucked under blazers with the school tie visible).
- Plain black belts with a plain buckle are permitted.
- Bandanas are not permitted.
- Fake tan is not permitted.
- Any cult and another extreme of fashion, hairstyles or body piercing is banned.
- False nails and gel nails are not permitted in school.
- Fake eyelashes are not permitted.
The House tie, blazer badge and school skirts and trousers are available from Clive Mark, Crested School Wear and Uniform Plus or the school shop. Note: We do not have expensive designer variations on any standard uniform for any year group.
Coats must not be worn inside buildings and must be removed upon entry to any building. Hoods can only be worn up during adverse weather conditions.
PE Kit Guidelines
PE KIT FOR ALL PUPILS
Barr Beacon School navy short-sleeve polo shirt with collar (with school badge and pupil’s name embroidered)*
Barr Beacon School Plain navy shorts or Barr Beacon plain black tracksuit bottoms or Barr Beacon School leggings (with school badge and pupil’s name embroidered)*
Trainers (must not be high tops or pumps)
White ankle socks (must not be trainer socks)
Plain black football socks
One-piece swimming costume/swimming shorts (it is optional for pupils to wear a t-shirt over their swimwear if they wish)
Swimming hat of any colour (for pupils with long hair only – your child’s PE teacher will advise on hair length during their first lesson)
OPTIONAL FOR ALL PUPILS
Barr Beacon navy blue mid-layer ¼ zip top*
Gum Shield (recommended)
- Plain black t-shirt.
- Plain black shorts (cycling shorts not permitted) or plain black tracksuit bottoms or Barr Beacon school leggings.* (with school badge and embroidered name.)
- Students are expected to participate in dance lessons with bare feet unless they have a medical condition. In this case, students will need to wear socks with grip.
Pupils MUST bring PE kit to all PE lessons. If pupils fail to bring kit, they will be expected to wear school kit.
*It is expected that all of these items of PE kit will have the pupils initial and surname stitched into the garment.