- Candidate Information
- Our Schools
Barr Beacon SCITT is a centre for Initial Teacher Training within the West Midlands region. It is led by Barr Beacon School, an Ofsted Outstanding, highly oversubscribed Teaching School with 1534 pupils aged between 11 – 18 on roll and a large and highly successful sixth form. Within our SCITT partnership each school has diverse areas of expertise and offer trainees a varied and thorough training programme with an excellent opportunity to hone your teaching skills
We have exciting training opportunities across our SCITT partnership schools. To find out more, please click HERE.
We are passionate about recruiting the best teachers who want to make a real difference to children’s life chances. We pride ourselves on creating a stimulating, immersive and supportive environment in which trainee teachers can learn and develop into outstanding classroom practitioners.
On the successful completion of our training programme, you will:
– Be recommended for the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) by Barr Beacon SCITT.
– Have had the opportunity to gain the award of Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with the University of Worcester.
– Gain up to 60 Masters credits from assignments from the University of Worcester that demonstrate Masters level study and progression to a higher degree qualification (subject to satisfying the assessment criteria set out by the University of Worcester).
Alongside our professional qualifications, we also provide trainees with a package of support, including:
• A personal Subject Mentor to guide you through your training year
• A dedicated Subject Course Leader who will provide training sessions in your subject
• A Professional Mentor who will oversee your professional studies package and your overall progress through the course
• An enthusiastic and hard-working department in your subject which you will be integrated in for the year
On our course you will also benefit from:
• A personalised timetable enabling you to experience a range of abilities and key stages
• A dedicated day off timetable for a range of inspiring professional studies and subject sessions.
• Learning your craft from Outstanding teachers and inspirational colleagues
• Training in a school which firmly believes in “growing its own”. The vast majority of staff who train with us, stay with us.
As a result of our successful programme, many of our previous trainees have benefitted from accelerated career progression and now occupy positions of responsibility within our schools. If you are ambitious, passionate and dedicated about your subject and to ensuring that every child receives the very best, then we would love to hear from you.
Barr Beacon SCITT
Old Hall Lane
0121 366 6600